Investing in a new air conditioning system can be intimidating and overwhelming, so Eastland Heating & Cooling understands the daunting nature of this decision-making process can bring. We also understand that repairs are sometimes just as beneficial as upgrades – however, it is hard to know which choice will best suit your home! Don’t worry, though; we have the expertise required to guide you through this process. Your satisfaction is our priority, and we want to make sure that no matter what option you choose, you get the most out of your investment! Are you unsure about which factors to consider when thinking of upgrading your AC? When does an AC need to be upgraded? Whom should you trust for the installation? Look no further! By reading on, you’ll uncover all that there is to know regarding the four essential W’s: what, why, when, and who.
What are the main factors that can help you decide whether your AC system will benefit from a repair or an upgrade?
- High Costs: If you notice that your power bills consistently remain high, month after month, despite taking measures to minimize energy usage, this is likely an indication that something is wrong with your air conditioner. It’s no longer operating optimally and functioning as it was intended to. If you are paying for regular repairs of your AC system and still having issues, then it’s likely not a wise investment, in the long run, to continue with the repair cycle. Often, a repair may be suitable but isn’t always the optimal choice. That is why we suggest considering upgrade options to ensure that you get maximum efficiency from your air conditioning unit rather than draining money on ineffective solutions.
- Irregular Cooling: Your home’s air conditioner is designed to maintain your house at an even temperature and keep it cool. If you’re facing issues with uneven, unregulated temperatures, then this might be a sign that your AC isn’t running as well as it should.
- Noise & Dust: Is your house constantly covered in a layer of dust, no matter how much you clean? If so, the culprit may be within your ductwork! With time and frequent use, ductwork can deteriorate. To fix this problem once and for all, speak to a NATE-certified technician about whether repair work or a full-scale upgrade is right for you. If you find your AC to be too loud, it’s likely that the model is not correctly sized for the size of your house. Therefore, take action and consult a professional as soon as possible; Eastland Heating & Cooling will offer an estimate free of charge in order to uncover which AC unit would best fulfill the square footage needs of your residence.
Generally, air conditioners can remain in service anywhere from twelve to seventeen years. This length of time is just an average and could vary depending on the make and model, how much it’s used, and if regular maintenance is performed; however, this average should provide an indication as to whether your AC may need replacing soon.
Upgrading your AC is a smart move, especially if you own an older unit that’s past its prime. But there are even more compelling reasons why it might be time to make the upgrade.
- If you’re noticing that your monthly HVAC costs make up an exorbitant portion of your energy consumption expenses – 46% or more – it’s time to consider investing in a high-efficiency unit. Yes, there will be upfront costs associated with the upgrade. However, those prices are sure to even out over time as the cost of running a more energy-efficient AC lowers drastically. Don’t let money spent on electricity get away from you any longer; upgrade your system today and reap the rewards for months down the line!
- When it comes to older air conditioners, you need to be aware that they typically operate with the refrigerant R22. Since this expensive coolant is no longer compliant with modern regulations, replacing your older system’s coolant can put a sizable dent in your wallet since it will need to be filled with an up-to-date regulation-compliant option. This cost should also factor into your decision-making process.
- Moving away from R22-type refrigerants, the latest energy-efficient units offer a host of benefits to those who use them. Not only are they eco-friendly, but their lower carbon emissions help reduce air pollution and create a healthier environment for everyone!
- Installing a sleek, energy-efficient AC system in your home not only enhances its comfort level and indoor air quality but also increases its resale value!
Who should you entrust with your heating and cooling needs? It’s always wise to employ a licensed service professional, such as Eastland Heating & Cooling. When it comes to major appliances like your HVAC system, it is essential that these systems are installed and maintained by knowledgeable professionals. The old adage holds true: “You get what you pay for!” As a discerning customer, you should only select an experienced company with the right qualifications. Additionally, it’s essential to make sure that they offer quality equipment and installation services as well as excellent customer service. So, be sure to do your due diligence and pick a dependable company that will be there for you in the future!
If you still have any questions, we absolutely understand why. This is an important decision and deserves to be carefully weighed. Our friendly customer service representatives are here to help! Get in touch with us and give us the chance to answer your queries. We’d love to provide you with our five-star customer service!
Call Eastland Heating & Cooling today at (614) 861-5203, or schedule an appointment by clicking here!